Saturday, October 22, 2011

Freiburg

My oh my, am I getting lazy!?  Well this post is about a month overdue, but better late then never, right :)

I finally visited Vishnu in Freiburg.  We went together to the same high school and now she lives in Germany and studies Medicine.  What a small world!!!

I loved Freiburg, I think this is the best 'college-town' I have ever visited.  Here are some of the things/facts I enjoyed.
--Freiburg is one of the warmest places in Germany
--it is close to the Black forest, Switzerland and France with lost of picturesque biking/hiking routs
--very bike friendly city
--small city but it felt like it had everything
These mosaics are everywhere.  Some of them could be found in front of stores: like a pretzel in front of a bakery and fish in front of seafood store, and so on.  It takes a lot of work to maintain these mosaics and they are constantly being repaired.
During my first day we walked around the city and enjoyed the panoramic views from a hilltop.
Pretty Vishnu :)
These fresh water chanels are everywhere in Freiburg.  I think they were my favorite. 

Next day we went for a relaxing bike ride and guess what I saw more cows.

Picnic with scones Vishnu made and Federweisser from the local green market.

It was perfect weather the whole time I stayed in Freiburg. 

Don't you want to live in a neighborhood like this?


Last day.  In front of the Münster.

It is a very small world.

I look happy, but I was pretty sick and taking antibiotics the whole time.  Vishnu took good care of me.

I had a great time with Vishnu sharing impressions of both living in Germany and US.  We ate Mexican food, made random things like almond/coconut butter and basically talked non stop. 
It was a perfect trip, thanks Vishnu! 

No comments:

Post a Comment