Monday, November 7, 2011

Our First Wedding Anniversary!



Time really does fly, when you are with the person you love!!!

Today is our FIRST Wedding Anniversary :)

I decided to share some of my favorite photos of us.


Having fun with my Bavarian cowboy in Fort Collins, CO.

Our first trip together was to New York City. 

I hope we get to visit it sometime again.

I had to learn a lot of things about soccer, while we were watching the World Cup.

Hiking my first and so far the only 14er, Mount Bierstadt!
Okay, maybe it is not my favorite picture, but it is hard to look good when you are trying not to die.
I am very thankful to have someone I can share my interests with and I am glad that person is Ludwig!


Now fast forward to our wedding day.  It was a crazy weather day with friends and family from out of state and oversees.  I remember it like it was yesterday!  


Married!!!

It was very cold and I was freezing!
And the honeymoon was in Paris!  I wanted to go there since I was 9, all I got to say it was worth the wait ;)
 A year later, we are both in Germany, living a new life together!  It still seems a bit crazy and I am not used to everything, but I would not have it any other way.
Right now I am reading My life in France by Julia Child and I really identified with a quote from her husband--'If variety is the spice of life, then my life must be one of the spiciest you ever heard of.  A curry of a life'.  Variety in my life is not something I am lacking these days.

So to celebrate our first anniversary Ludwig and I ventured out to Mittenwald, a little town close to the border of Austria.  I think we picked the best time to get married, since it is off season, hotels are cheaper, towns are less crowded and the weather is still amazing.  We were the only ones staying at this perfect little B&B, Baeckeralm, with perfect views of the Alps.
Saturday and Sunday after breakfast we ventured out into the mountains.  The weather was simply magnificent!

My mountaineer!


There were these soft lumpy hills everywhere, all you want to do is roll around in them.


Happy Anniversary Ludwig!  Thank you for being the best husband in the world!

It was a great weekend!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment